Sunday 22 July 2012

8 Hours of Flight to Melbourne, Australia


I purposely chose 10/10/10 this special date for my flight 21 months ago, it’s indeed easy to be remembered and memorable. In fact, I couldn’t recall anything special happened to me on 11/11/11 but definitely I want a fabulous day on coming 12/12/12. There will not be any 13/13/13, 14/14/14, 15/15/15……etc. Therefore, do cherish the very final remarkable day this year J

I arrived in Melbourne International Airport early in the morning. Took a deep breath at the exterior, I felt moderately cool during that spring. It was all fine for me though. I then took a Sky Bus leaving airport to Melbourne CBD.

I stayed in the King Street Backpackers which is pretty closed to Southern Cross Station. An old friend from my hometown was in Melbourne too for her business and vacation trip by chance. Consequently, I was excited to call her to meet up. She actually has a brother who lives there. I was glad that they came to my hostel and picked me up to visit their place, on my first day in Australia.

I had a long talk mainly with my friend. I was told that her brother is a chef in a hotel. That night, he cooked a decent dinner for us …yummy lasagna!

Homemade lasagna for my first dinner

We continued our chatting at the balcony after the dinner, enjoying the night view of surroundings. After promising to see them again the next day, I left their house. 




The next day before I met them again, I grabbed the chance to walk around in the city. So far I knew the Queen Victoria Market is one of the popular places that travelers would like to pay a visit. I went there. There are so many things to see, buy and spend money. Well, it’s not a bad idea to buy from there if you are looking for some inexpensive souvenirs. So many unique styles and choices of merchandise those vendors could offer.





Two features in Melbourne that attracted me the most are the architecture and the tram transport. They make this city a stunning place to visit!


RMIT University Building

RMIT University Building

Melbourne Library

City Tram


No comments:

Post a Comment